Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Ever Elusive Wedding Weight


I am about 4 months postpartum at this point. I gained a whomping 45lbs with this little guy. My great love for ice cream should explain the weight gain (any and all kinds of ice cream or anything that resembles ice cream, I mean I really, really, like it). So with the help of child birth, cutting out the ice cream, and some light exercise I have managed to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (mind you pre-preganancy weight of baby 3, which was way different than pre-pregnancy weight of baby 1). So this is where the real work begins...the ever elusive wedding weight. That's my goal; and why not? I am ready to put in the work even though I know my body and mind are going to be screaming.

So the what's the plan? The plan is two fold, change my eating habits and find a workout plan that I enjoy and will stick with. Basically, the food plan is low carb, high protein with lots of veggies and fruit at around 1500 calories per day. The problem is I'm a bit of a foodie, so I can't survive on just baked chicken breast for eternity. Last night I made scallops and turkey bacon with a side of asparagaus. Who doesn't love bacon! Everyone approved, even the little ones.



As for the workout portion of the plan, I have joined a Crossift gym, or box as they call it, and am mixing that up with running. So far, I am drinking the Crossfit kool-aide, it's fun, ever changing and challenging.

Oh, and by the way, he was worth every pound :)



ciao, Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment